10 holiday gifts that give back
The only thing better than connecting our readers with fabulous finds is knowing that those purchases do real good in the world. So we thought we'd take a look-see around Cool Mom Picks for some of our favorite picks that put your money to great use helping others-- and make amazing gifts, too. -Delilah
1. Tiny Revolutionary
- This Atlanta-based, mom-run company offers gorgeous eco-conscious
apparel (shown at left) with messages of peace, love, and world
betterment, and they give to several organizations that support these
2. Zoe Organics
- They won us over with their soothing bath teas for babies and
grown-ups alike, but we love that 10% of all purchases goes to the White Ribbon Alliance
to support safe motherhood.
3. TOMS Shoes
- For every pair of TOMS Shoes you buy, they donate a pair to a kid in
need. All the more reason to get their adorable wedges in black and
4. Many Hands: Family Music for Haiti
- This amazing CD to benefit Haiti is like Live-Aid for 2010,
jam-packed with 22 original songs by big names like Dan Zanes and They
Might Be Giants.
5. Raven + Lily
The lovely lavender sachets we recommended for Mother's Day are gone,
but Raven + Lily has a fantastic array of home decor, accessories,
stationary, bath products, and baby goods that empower women by design
and through giving.
6. Working Proof
- Original art prints with proceeds benefiting the artist's chosen
charity. What a great way to cover tiny hand-prints on the wall!
7. Petite Tresor at Target
- 10% of the proceeds from this adorable layette line by Jessica
Seinfeld benefit families in need of their own infant basics. Now with
8. One Cup
- 100% of the proceeds from this gourmet, micro-roasted, award-winning
Seattle coffee benefits social and economic change in Zambia.
9. Out of Print Clothing
- For every adult or youth t-shirt sold, a book will be donated to a
community in need. And the gorgeous shirts features the covers of
out-of-print books, so you win, too.
these snuggly stuffed animals and their accompanying storybooks helps
real orphaned critters find care and rehabilitation. Learning,
snuggling, and helping FTW!Use code "CMP" for 20% off your purchase at Tiny Revolutionary.
Find More: Holiday Picks